A few months back I wrote Riding the Bicyle about life, the balance that we need to look for and the importance of keeping everybody happy.
Today I stand taller,with more direction, perspective and drive. The past 3 months have been nothing short of an epiphany ! I have undone,redone and deleted chapters and people from life. I have discovered newer things about me , made new friends and found new mountains to scale.
The one thing that stayed throughout was the need for Balance in Life….much like Po who discovered inner strength and balance in Kung Fu Panda 2 I think we all need to reach that place in life to be able to appreciate the lessons life teaches us or even appreciate what we have (people,things,experiences,opportunities…but most importantly PEOPLE).
I have always been open to appreciating the above…in my case it has been more about appreciating external elements than who I am and what I am…
My key take away since April 2011 has been that I need to love and respect myself before anything and anybody else. Something I had let slip in the background…I am in no way implying that I should be mean and selfish but that putting myself first is the only way to get people to see me for who I am and who I can be…
As I was surfing the net this morning I came across a couple of quotes and thought I would share them….
- “Work hard and play hard. But don’t confuse the two.” Author Unknown
- Be moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance. Epicurus
- The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man. Euripides
- Problems arise in that one has to find a balance between what people need from you and what you need for yourself. Jessye Norman
- We come into this world head first and go out feet first; in between, it is all a matter of balance. Paul Boese
- I’ve learned that you can’t have everything and do everything at the same time.Oprah Winfrey
Most importantly – Love and respect yourself , believe in yourself and in the hand of God and know that there always is a plan ! – Me 🙂