I can say all I want to make you feel better …I can try to convince you there is always light at the end of the tunnel and walking on is the only way forward….
Given that you’re such a smartie I took the liberty of turning to wise guys for help in convincing you….
I am pasting below a couple of Quotes from these very wise, experienced men on Life and the need to move on….it’s all in our mind dear….you just gotta make yours up…open your eyes and look around to give life and what’s in store, another chance !
The difficult part about moving on after a heart break is that you need to make a conscious decision. It’s so much easier to hold on to the known, the hope that they will come back, rather than to find yourself cut off from your comfort zone.
Moving on, and letting go is exactly that – going out into the unknown, alone, without the one you used to love by your side.
Learn…let go…open up…take your first step….! That’s all I can say!
- “Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.”
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”
Keep riding the bike dear….and you got an extra pair of wheels for support this time round (;))
- “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore”
Love is a positive choice, and love always attracts more love. This is a fact…just see what opening up a bit can bring to you….
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us”
-Alexander Graham Bell
Let go of the past…learn from it….hold on to the memories….but it is over… the roles you had to play in each other’s lives is done…you have learnt and taught each other what was needed….now move on…time for Act II….open your heart and welcome life and its experiences ! It’s only going to get better from here!
- “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived”
- “The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can’t go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.”
I always tell you, we are moulded by our past however if we were to hold on to them we would never grow…let go of the negatives…you may have something wonderful in store…. Don’t carry your unfinished past with you if you want to grow.
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”-E.M. Forster
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”
Give Life and Love another chance…a fair one…make up your mind…let go…wake up tomorrow morning and be a new person…. !!