Like with every year, 2012 for me began with a set of resolutions that I hope to finish by the end of 2012. I finally think this will be a year where I will do whatever I put on my list!
I FINALLY bought my first DSLR ! 🙂 It’s been on my list for a while now ( i’ve been a Cannon Ixus loyalist for years) and I was inspired and guided by ace photographer Fram Petit to finally settle on the Sony Nex 3.
Why did I buy the Sony Nex 3?
- Fram really recommended it!
- It’s handy and compact – I can actually see myself carry this camera around (unlike my friend’s Nikon D7000- which I love using but is heavy and big ! )
- The camera offers HD video recording as well – great for quality shooting on holidays
- The target audience for these Cameras’s was people like me – want to upgrade from point and shoot to DSLRs but making it simple enough (with fewer buttons).
- The camera has a full user guide in built – making it really user friendly by giving ‘hints’ and ‘advice’ about everything from how to hold the camera body to getting an out of focus background shot ! 🙂
- Lens Compatibility: – The cameras have E mount compatibility and the lens options available are:
16mm F2.8 pancake
a standard 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 stabilized kit zoom
Stabilized 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 super zoom
This is something really cool! An Alpha mount adapter is also available, giving the ability to use Sony and Minolta SLR lenses
For the photographers like me who want to spend time learning and want to upgrade to a DSLR without burning a hole in their pockets I recommend the Sony NEX series. Though Sony NEX 3 is being phased out the Sony NEX 5 and NEX 7 are great cameras to look at. Another set to watch out for are the recently launched Nikon J1 and V1 cameras that are about 250-300$ (10000) bucks more expensive than NEX 3 & 5 but are part of the Nikon family tree….
I’m thrilled that I finally bought my camera ( one thing to strike off this year’s resolution list) and am even more excited about a trip I have planned to Mumbai’s Chor Bazaar with my friend so I may try out my camera J Needless to say , stay tuned for pictures !